Emergencies are handled by phone 613 836 1429.
The Mission Committee at Trinity is very active with the projects undertaken based on committee and congregational interests and strengths. Often working in liaison with Presbyterian World Service and Development (PWS&D), the purpose of this committee is to actively involve our Trinity faith community in reaching out to local and global communities to help those in need.
The Committee is aware of the demands on busy lives so this Committee tries to conduct much of their business by e-mail. We heartily welcome new members.
Mission Projects in 2017 – Changing Lives Together!
At Trinity, we have worked in our community through the following mission activities in the last year:
- Our gifts to Presbyterians Sharing helped the national church to build churches and deploy missionaries around the world.
Presbyterian World Service and Development – a mission of the Presbyterian Church to support disaster relief and humanitarian aid around the world
- Supported with funding through offerings, special appeals, and Gifts of Change.
Kanata Stittsville Refugee Sponsorship Group – a consortium of area churches (including Trinity) supporting the sponsorship and settlement of refugees to Canada
- Provided funding through special offerings and fundraising campaigns. This year, we did the Bag 2 School used clothing drive.
Matthew House – a transitional home for refugees in Ottawa
- Cooked frozen dinners and provided funding and collection of needed items.
Urban Christian Outreach – a ministry to the homeless of downtown Ottawa
- Provided funding and collection of needed items.
Kanata Food Cupboard – a food bank serving the Kanata area
- Supported with collections of food, school supplies, and funding. Volunteered every 6 weeks to serve clients ‘shopping’ for food at the Young Road location.
Friends of Hospice Care Ottawa – a home for those at the end of life. We have a special connection to the 110 McCurdy location.
- Supported with funding through dedicated offerings. Used our facilities for the day program throughout the week.
Gracefield Christian Camp – a camp for youth and adults to strengthen their relationship with Christ
- Supported with funding through dedicated offerings.
Health Teams International
- Supported Muriel Laughton on her mission trips to provide dental hygiene to people in remote areas around the world.
- Supported Brian Laughton on his mission trips to help to dig and repair wells to provide clean drinking water.
Forest Hill Retirement Home
- Provided Christmas gifts to seniors through the Angel Tree.
Minister’s Benevolent Fund
- Provided gifts of money to individuals in need connected with the congregation.