Pastoral Care (1 Corinthians 1:4-5)
Our team reaches out and responds in the name of Christ to serve and care for the Trinity community in times of need.
Please contact Muriel Laughton if you’d like to talk with a member of our caring team. Call: (613)-836-4114
Our team meets monthly as a small group supporting one another, praying, learning, planning and fellowshipping together.
Our pastoral care team has trained under The Ottawa Pastoral Care Training Program. (ottawapastoralcare.com)
Emergencies are handled by phone 613 836 1429.
The Mission Committee at Trinity is very active with the projects undertaken based on committee and congregational interests and strengths. Often working in liaison with Presbyterian World Service and Development (PWS&D), the purpose of this committee is to actively involve our Trinity faith community in reaching out to local and global communities to help those in need.
The Committee is aware of the demands on busy lives so this Committee tries to conduct much of their business by e-mail. We heartily welcome new members.
Mission Projects – Changing Lives Together!
At Trinity, we continue to work in our community through a number of mission activities:
Presbyterians Sharing (https://presbyterian.ca/sharing/)
- Our gifts to Presbyterians Sharing helped the national church to build churches and deploy missionaries around the world.
Presbyterian World Service & Development (https://presbyterian.ca/pwsd/)– a mission of the Presbyterian Church to support disaster relief and humanitarian aid around the world
- Supported with funding through offerings, special appeals, and Gifts of Change.
Kanata Stittsville Refugee Sponsorship Group – a consortium of area churches (including Trinity) supporting the sponsorship and settlement of refugees to Canada
- Provided funding through special offerings and fundraising campaigns.
Matthew House Ottawa (https://www.matthewhouseottawa.org/) – a transitional home for refugees in Ottawa
- We continue to support this organization through food preparation, funding and collection of needed items.
Urban Christian Outreach (https://urbanchristianoutreach.ca/) – a ministry to the homeless of downtown Ottawa
- Provided funding and collection of needed items.
Kanata Food Cupboard (https://www.kanatafoodcupboard.ca/) – a food bank serving the Kanata area
- We support this organization with collections of food, school supplies, funding as well as volunteering at the Warehouse location.
Hospice Care Ottawa (https://www.hospicecareottawa.ca/) – a home for those at the end of life. We have a special connection to the 110 McCurdy location.
- We support this organization with funding through dedicated offerings.
Gracefield Christian Camp and Retreat Centre (https://gracefieldcamp.ca/) – a camp for youth and adults to strengthen their relationship with Christ
- We Support this organization with funding through dedicated offerings, and volunteer labor on our adopted cabin.
Health Teams International – Canada Inc. (https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/health-teams-international-canada-inc/)
- We continue to support Muriel Laughton on her mission trips to provide dental hygiene to people in remote areas around the world.
Water Ambassadors (https://www.waterambassadorscanada.org/)
- We continue to support Brian Laughton on his mission trips to help to dig and repair wells to provide clean drinking water.
Forest Hill Retirement Home
- Provided Christmas gifts to seniors through the Angel Tree.
Minister’s Benevolent Fund
- Provided gifts of money to individuals in need connected with the congregation.